Is it just me, or did June fly by insanely fast? While it moved quickly, June was full of plenty of amazing events. Here are my top 5:
1. Milestone Running Shop's 3rd Birthday/3 Year Anniversary. I talk about this shop a lot. In my opinion, they are the best running store in San Diego. Not only owned and staffed by some of the most knowledgeable employees but also some of the most dedicated people to the running community in San Diego and beyond. It's no surprise that they are going strong after 3 years, and I'm so proud of them.
2. Teaching yoga at the Sustainable Brands conference for lululemon. The Sustainable Brands conference brought representatives from many different organizations and companies to San Diego to discuss sustainability initiatives and actions. I had the pleasure of teaching an early morning yoga class to many of them prior to their conference day beginning. It was fun, but more importantly very exciting to see how many different (and big!) corporations are beginning to embrace and progress sustainability.
3. Photo Shoot Day. We've been teasing this little project affectionately given the working title of "Tasteful Nudes and Tasteful Foods." It's a coffee table style cookbook with athletes in their element, and in the nude, as well as their healthy recipes and workout suggestions. I did my shoot with the ever talented Nick Isabella at the beginning of June and the photos turned out even more amazing than I thought possible. From both an athlete and an organizer's perspective, this project is fucking awesome and I'm hyped.
4. Bodies in Motion 3.0. Run, yoga, party came back for a third time with Katie B. Happy. We met at Petco Park among a sea of graduating college students to go for a fun 3-ish mile run that culminated at the rooftop deck of Hotel Solamar (J-Six Restaurant) for a yoga flow/dance party and a pool party. All of the funds raised from this insane morning went to supporting Katie B's Cancer Warriors retreat - a free weekend retreat for cancer survivors and their caretakers. As usual, attendance was off the charts and BIM was a blast.
5. Eugene became a lululemon ambassador! The fine folks at lululemon Fashion Valley got smart and added the bearded one to their ambassador roster. Anyone who follows me knows how much being a lululemon ambassador has changed my path in the past two years, which is a small part of the reason that I'm so excited for Eugene. lululemon is a brand I love, from the bottom to the top and back again. They support their collective and provide people like me with an amazing platform that is otherwise hard to come by. So congrats to Euge - welcome to the ambassador family!
As I write this I realize we're already halfway through July... another one of these will be here before you know it!