As one month closes and another approaches, I enjoy taking a trip down memory lane and recapping my monthly activities. I find that it's easy for me to always be focused on what's next - the next goal, objective, project, etc. - or to remember only the things that didn't go according to plan in the past month. Writing this blog recap allows me to express and feel gratitude for the cool shit that happens in my life - and then get stoked on the next big thing!
1. Finally made it to Herb and Wood for dinner. Holy hell, I cannot overstate how delicious this meal was. The ambiance is fantastic, our waiter was perfect, the company couldn't have been better, and the avocado toast (I know, sounds so basic) was unbelievable. Go. It's worth the calorie and money splurge.
2. Spent 2 days in Palm Desert in August. I know that sounds hot, and it was, but it was such a rewarding experience. I say it a lot, but lululemon has changed my life. Being able to teach yoga to 80+ of their store managers and manager's managers was an honor and felt like the perfect transition. For the past two years I've been a run ambassador at the La Jolla store and my time is up. Luckily for me, I've been asked to continue on with lululemon...more on that later!
3. One of my favorite weekends of the year - SEAWHEEZE! More lululemon love as I headed to Vancouver, BC for the half marathon. It was my second year as a Pace Beaver (you read that correctly). This year my better half was able to go as well, which made the entire trip that much more fun. They knocked it out of the park. No detail left behind, the experience from start to finish was one to remember. I'm already counting down the days until next year.
4. Back to the desert! This time for my lovely lady friend Lindsay's bachelorette party! Can't give away too many secrets from the weekend - but I will say it was full of sunshine, retro vibes, delicious food, and hilarious moments. So happy to have been a part of the celebrations!
5. Shoes and clothes Christmas! Ok, not really Christmas but it sure felt like Christmas morning to come home to boxes of goodies from some of my favorite brands. New Balance has always been my go-to brand for road running. I've run in almost every neutral shoe they've ever come out with and continue to love them all. From the colors, to the fit, to the performance - they are my favorite. When it comes to trails, I've been digging Nike. After running in the Kigers I actually said to Angelo that I was almost mad it took me so long to find this shoe. It is perfect. I can't wait to continue to do more with both of these brands in the future. It always feels good to partner with brands that just get you.
September starts tomorrow and to say that I'm excited is an understatement. August was a fantastic month filled with fun (and work, but that's fun too) and it's rolling right into what's shaping up to be an exciting September...
1. Back to lululemon I go! I'm lucky to announce that I'll be continuing on for two more years of ambassador fun - this time as a yoga ambassador at the UTC location! I couldn't be more excited to embed myself in that community, continue to build their collective, and partner with the amazing humans there - as well as continuing to do cool shit with lululemon as a whole. Bring on the fun!
2. If you haven't already, go follow @thepopupyogastop on IG. In the next few weeks/months you'll see and hear more, but for now know that myself, Marissa D'Errico, Jenna Zabrosky, and Alice Zarka have some fun up our sleeves. This will be your place to find the coordinates of your next (free) urban yoga adventure. So give us a follow and get excited.
3. Last, but certainly not least, save the dates for my Vinyasa and Vino Retreat weekends in 2017 - May 18-21 and August 24-27! Located on 40 scenic acres in Washington State, your weekend will consist of twice a day yoga, meditation, workshops, learning about wine making, wine tasting, and wine pairing and a beautiful opportunity to retreat from the daily grind. I'm partnering with my parents, who are the owners of Bateaux Cellars, and we couldn't be more excited to welcome you into our family!
Whew! This year just keeps getting better. Thanks for being a part of it all, and let's keep it rolling!