YOGA FOR RUNNERS
- Runner's yoga serves it's greatest purpose as a balancing force to the (often) high intensity training of runners. Running produces improved cardiovascular function and muscular strength - but often results in a lack of well rounded conditioning in the body. Yoga postures can balance out weaknesses, improve mobility deficits, and reduce lack of flexibility that can occur from focused training. This not only improves body function as a whole, but fine tunes the machine that is the body, and helps accelerate recovery from workouts as well as prevent overuse injuries.
This yoga class is specifically designed for your runner/athlete body. Do you run? This is for you.
- Running specific strength training is imperative for building strength, endurance, speed, and preventing injury. This class is geared specifically towards runners and incorporating the specific movement patterns and muscles that benefit running.
You don't set new records, achieve new distances, or tackle new challenges by only running. Get your booty in gear with strength training as well.
- Recovery is about more than taking days off. It includes soft tissue work, stretching, myofascial release, and mental preparation. This class is a combination of tissue work (such as foam rolling, use of tools such as the stick and lacrosse balls), stretching, visualization techniques, and meditation.
The only part of your recovery this class doesn't cover? Sleep. You're on your own for that one.
All classes held at The Movement Space.
upcoming rock solid runner workshops
This two hour workshop will help you identify your strengths, your weaknesses, and give you tools for improvement to make you a rock solid runner.
- Identify your weak muscles and movement patterns and instruct you on exercises to reinforce those and prevent injury from occurring.
- Teach you drills and cues for improving form (because improved form = faster running).
- Give you a short and sweet cool-down and recovery routine.
- Introduce some simple mental training - because sports are 90% mental and 10% physical, after all.
You'll leave with a customized plan to make you stronger and faster, prevent injury, and recover like Wolverine.